Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask a Librarian
If you find that you are starting to get frustrated or feel like you are spinning your wheels in trying to complete an assignment - don't wait! Ask for help.
Whether you are an on campus nursing student or a participant in the online RN to BSN program, you can contact Marcia Keith for assistance with your search strategy and using library resources.
Virtual reference appointments are available. See more information here.
Many hospitals and other workplaces implement internet security settings that block access to databases hosted on PNW servers. If you encounter an issue accessing library databases at work, check with your employer's IT department about whether they can unblock access. You can also try another network or log in from home.
Career Account Username and Password
Username and password help
Students in accelerated programs can contact the Accelerated Program Tech Support at (855) 326-1173 (toll free)
or e-mail at email@example.com for your username and password.
You can reset your password online at https://www.itap.purdue.edu/.
Troubleshooting Database Access Issues
If you encounter issues with accessing the library databases, please consult the tips below.
1. Are you accessing the databases from the links on the library’s website?
- Access the databases through the links on the library’s website or library guides. From the library’s homepage, select the Databases Alphabetically link under the Find Column, sign in with your Blackboard username and password on the authentication screen, then select the letter that corresponds to the first letter of the name of the database from the A to Z list on your screen. It is not necessary to login to My PNW to access library databases.
2. Are you using your Career Account to log in to the database?
- If you are unsure of your username and password, contact Accelerated Program Tech Support at: 1-855-326-1173 (toll free). You may also contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To reset your password online, go to: https://www.itap.purdue.edu/
3. Have you tried accessing the databases with a different browser?
- Try accessing the databases from a different browser (i.e. Firefox or Safari if originally attempted in Internet Explorer).
- If you are an accelerated student still encountering difficulties after following the above steps, please do not hesitate to contact the library for assistance at (219) 989-2676, or email@example.com. Please supply a detailed description of your problem including database name, browser, and specific error message.
Library Liaison for Nursing Students & Faculty
About the Library
The library offers a wide range of online resources, including databases with various journals from which to choose articles and research studies.
To access your Library resources, please visit the homepage
Please consult your Library Liaison directly for research assistance.
If your Librarian is unavailable, please contact the Library's Reference desk at (219) 989-2676 or click on the CHAT WITH A LIBRARIAN link below to submit a question or see answers to frequently asked questions.
Library staff members are available to assist you during library hours.